Thursday 10 May 2007

Cyclone Dreaming 12 - Quon

Quon
The widely experienced and variously expressed intuition that all things and events are manifestations of one underlying reality is affirmed by Quantum Physics. The Quantum view of the Universe is of a single but infinitely diverse and ever changing whole, manifesting itself as an infinite number of identical particles, each of which is the whole, existing in a relationship with one another that gives each its identity and function. The particles, known by various names depending on how they are detected, are given the class name QUON. They change from one to another but only in a limited number of ways determined by the dynamics of the whole. Other kinds of change would destabilise the Universe. This echoes the awareness expressed in ancient philosophies that to know oneself from the perspective of the whole empowers one to live fully: to embrace the fundamental fact of change within the limitations set by the process of the cosmos. Quantum physics also affirms the no‑thingness of the Universe. Quons are not actually particles at all, but patterns of energy. In a very real sense the Universe is an illusion.

If I live in a hole and think that I can't change it, it may be that I expect what I cannot have. If I embrace the Whole my life will change, and I won't mind how.

No comments: