Friday 24 April 2009

J2E

Overview of the Journey to Everywhere

Space Cadet Reporting

· Spacelag

· Spaceflight Calculations

· How big is a light year?

· Trip Stats

Don't read this section if you are sane. It's complete and utter rubbish that was an appalling waste of time to write, let alone to read. If you're still with me, the foregoing is true, but you obviously don't care. This part of my account of the J2E is the continuation of my Starship fantasy that I began when I collected my new car from Cairns and drove it to Nirvana.

The journey

· Euclid Vs Calculus

· Pilot's little helper

· Hume Highway contrast Vis/NSW

· Towns of interest (+ John's exhibition)

· Victorian farming districts

· Contrastsing landscape

· Driving 7/2/09

Things and events along the way

· Manmade roads – natural landforms

· I love my Tom Tom – my navigation aid

· The joys and displeasures thereof

· The ones I noticed…

· Talk about Australia Felix!

· It's a big country, as they say

· A funny thing happened on the way…

In-flight entertainment

· Books

· Movies

· Secret Men's Business

I listened to several talking books as I drove. I didn't really watch the videos in the car, but I thought I'd throw them in – I did watch them at various houses during the journey. And as for the secret men's business, well, I saw the inside of a Masonic Temple.

The Reunion

· Minto 66 Revisited

· New Lamps for Old

· Two Perspectives - Three Dimensions

The class of 66 gathered to remember and imagine. We experienced an extraordinary sense of community and saw the future. I had the additional

joy of catching up with not just one, but two pivotal events of my youth.

Beyond the call…

· Visiting the Postulator

· The Postulator's Question

On my second journey I visited the Monk who recruited me to his congregation when I was in the second last year of high school. He asked me the question that every former mentor would like to ask but usually doesn't.

This is a work in progress. It has taken me much longer to do than I expected. I have set up the 'template' for the whole account so that I can post material that has already been written without getting it out of order. As other posts are written they shall be updated. For now, there are more 'post holes' than posts. But watch this space – or not.

No comments: